Thursday, April 3, 2008

its been awhile

I know it has been awhile since my last blog and I am very sorry about that. There has been many things that have happened since the last blog. Emma is now sitting up on her own unassisted for an average of 5 minutes. If we put her infront of the mirror she will do it longer. I guess she likes to look at herself. She is still not rolling over which is not a surprise for us but again if we put her looking at herself she will stay on her belly longer.
As many of you know Emma got an assessment done a few weeks ago. (Which is how we found out about using a mirror). They told us that she was averaging at a 4 months old level but I'm really not worried b/c children decide on their own when they want to do things. It seems to me that she just wants to skip rolling all together. They also told us they wouldn't be surprised if Emma never crawls because of her acid reflux and that she may start crawling early. Again, not a big surprise since both Dale and I started to walk early. He walked at 8 months and I walked at 10. The OT lady will be coming on the 9th to start her on the program they set her up on. We had to decide what we wanted her to be able to do in 6 months. One was play with toys in her mouth more (which she started doing the day after they left). Two to be either walking or crawling and third for her to be talking more. I think we will have no problems with any of those things.
Well that is all for today but I will be posting more soon. the computer is not letting me upload any pictures right now. sorry.

No comments: